This Edge Impulse CLI is used to control local devices, act as a proxy to synchronise data for devices that don't have an internet connection, and to upload and convert local files. The CLI consists of three tools:
- edge-impulse-daemon - configures devices over serial, and acts as a proxy for devices that do not have an IP connection.
- edge-impulse-uploader - allows uploading and signing local files.
- edge-impulse-data-forwarder - a very easy way to collect data from any device over a serial connection, and forward the data to Edge Impulse.
- edge-impulse-run-impulse - show the impulse running on your device.
- eta-flash-tool - to flash the Eta Compute ECM3532 AI Sensor.
Install Node.js v10 or higher on your host computer.
Install the CLI tools via:
$ npm install -g edge-impulse-cli
Afterwards you should have the tools available in your PATH.
If you receive the following error:
The tools version "2.0" is unrecognized. Available tools versions are "4.0", launch a new command window as administrator and run:
$ npm install --global --production windows-build-tools $ npm config set msvs_version 2015 --global
This is indication that the
node_modules is not owned by you, but rather by root. This is probably not what you want. To fix this, run:
$ sudo chown -R $USER /usr/local/lib/node_modules
Try to set the npm user to root and re-run the installation command. You can do this via:
$ npm config set user root
If you receive an error such as:
gyp ERR! stack Error: Can’t find Python executable “C:\Users\vale.windows-build-tools\python27\python.exe”, you can set the PYTHON env variable.
You need Python 2.7 installed on your machine. We use a binary package to handle serial communications, and this package is built using the
node-gyp build system. This build system requires Python 2.7 installed.
Updated 4 days ago