Comment on page
Seeed Grove - Vision AI Module
Grove - Vision AI Module is a thumb-sized board based on Himax HX6537-A processor which is equipped with a 2-Megapixel OV2640 camera, microphone, 3-axis accelerometer and 3-axis gyroscope. It offers storage with 32 MB SPI flash, comes pre-installed with ML algorithms for face recognition and people detection and supports customized models as well. It is compatible with the XIAO ecosystem and Arduino, all of which makes it perfect for getting started with AI-powered machine learning projects!
It is fully supported by Edge Impulse which means you will be able to sample raw data from each of the sensors, build models, and deploy trained machine learning models to the module directly from the studio without any programming required. Grove - Vision AI Module is available for purchase directly from Seeed Studio Bazaar.
Quick links access:
To set this board up in Edge Impulse, you will need to install the following software:
With all the software in place it's time to connect the board to Edge Impulse.
BL702 is the USB-UART chip which enables the communication between the PC and the Himax chip. You need to update this firmware in order for the Edge Impulse firmware to work properly.
- 2.Connect the board to the PC via a USB Type-C cable while holding down the Boot button on the board
- 3.Open previously installed Bouffalo Lab Dev Cube software, select BL702/704/706, and then click Finish
- 4.Go to MCU tab. Under Image file, click Browse and select the firmware you just downloaded.
- 5.Click Refresh, choose the Port related to the connected board, set Chip Erase to True, click Open UART, click Create & Download and wait for the process to be completed .
You will see the output as All Success if it went well.
Note: If the flashing throws an error, try to click Create & Download multiple times until you see the All Success message.
The board does not come with the right Edge Impulse firmware yet. To update the firmware:
- 2.Connect the board again to the PC via USB Type-C cable and double-click the Boot button on the board to enter mass storage mode
- 3.After this you will see a new storage drive shown on your file explorer as GROVEAI. Drag and drop the firmware.uf2 file to GROVEAI drive
Once the copying is finished GROVEAI drive will disappear. This is how we can check whether the copying is successful or not.
From a command prompt or terminal, run:
This will start a wizard which will ask you to log in, and choose an Edge Impulse project. If you want to switch projects run the command with
Device connected to Edge Impulse
With everything set up you can now build and run your first machine learning model with these tutorials:
After building the machine learning model and downloading the Edge Impulse firmware from Edge Impulse Studio, deploy the model uf2 to Grove - Vision AI by following steps 1 and 2 under Update Edge Impulse firmware section.