This is a prebuilt dataset for a gesture recognition system based on continuous motion, for the Continuous motion recognition tutorial. It contains 15 minutes of data sampled from a MEMS accelerometer at 62.5Hz over the following four classes:
- Idle - board sits idly on your desk. There might be some movement detected, e.g. from typing while the board is present.
- Snake - board moves over the desk as a snake.
- Updown - board moves up and down in a continuous motion.
- Wave - board moves left and right like you're waving to someone.
- Download the gestures dataset.
- Unzip the file in a location of your choice.
- Open a terminal or command prompt, and navigate to the place where you extracted the file.
$ edge-impulse-uploader --clean $ edge-impulse-uploader --category training training/*.cbor $ edge-impulse-uploader --category testing testing/*.cbor
You will be prompted for your username, password, and the project where you want to add the dataset.
Naturally, this dataset does not capture all variations of the motions. You might be doing these motions different than us. You can easily make the model more resilient by capturing more data from the Data acquisition page.
Updated about a year ago