About the role
Are you excited about bringing true intelligence to the smallest of devices?
Edge Impulse enables developers to create the next generation of intelligent device solutions with embedded Machine Learning (TinyML). We believe that machine learning will enable the valuable use of the 99% of sensor data that is currently discarded due to cost, bandwidth or power constraints. Our framework provides data ingestion, labeling, training, and deployment capabilities to accelerate developer success with ML on the edge.
As a User Success Engineer at Edge Impulse you'll have the opportunity to not just work in, but define the field of TinyML and work at the cutting edge of ML, sensors and edge compute. You'll work with our customers, our developer community, and partners on making devices intelligent. You will be involved with the entire lifecycle from partner integrations, developer support and their awesome use cases, to pre-sales and post-sales work with enterprise customers.
You have experience in machine learning, data engineering, embedded systems and signal processing and feel comfortable in both C and a higher level language.
What will I be accountable for?
- Master solution building using Edge Impulse. This includes data collection from a wide variety of real devices, training and validation of machine learning models, deploying trained models back to embedded devices, and the integration of ML in real devices and systems.
- Support our partners in their work porting Edge Impulse to new device targets or integrating with Edge Impulse data acquisition, data science, testing or target optimization interfaces.
Demonstrating Edge Impulse to potential customers and the wider developer community through presales, webinar and training events.
- Assist our developers and customers on defining the right data acquisition, ML development, testing and deployment strategies. What data should be collected, how do they get this data off devices, and what hardware do they need to get the most out of our platform.
- Produce technical documentation, tutorials, blogs, videos and other content to help scale knowledge in the industry on how to be successful.
- Work with our user community, look at how they use our software, and see how we can improve.
Represent Edge Impulse in the wider TinyML community. The field is still defining itself and we're looking at you to continue building our relationships with the developer community and our partners.
- Strong experience with machine learning, including classical ML (such as kNN, SVM, anomaly detection) and deep learning.
- Experience in time series and data management.
- Experience in signal processing and computer vision.
- Experience in C and edge compute OS such as Arduino or Linux.
- Self-starter, and can work effectively in a global, distributed team.
- Curious and inventive. You'll break new ground on a daily basis, and know how to deal with this.
- You like working with a developer community. We want Edge Impulse to be the place where developers go to build edge ML models and learn from others.
Bonus points if...
- You have experience with RTOS such as Mbed, Zephyr or FreeRTOS.
- You have experience with Git and Docker.
- You have experience working on industrial, enterprise IoT or wearable applications.
- You have experience working in customer support, field application engineering or developer relations.
- You're willing to travel. Our customers are all over the world, and sometimes it's easier to get a feel for problems if you're sitting next to the sensors.
What we offer
- The chance to join 30 amazingly smart people in a field-defining startup.
- A well-funded company with founders who care about team, users and values.
- An awesome product with a scaling user base and great enterprise customers.
- We value work-life balance, and are building a remote-first organization.
- We are committed to open source software and are working with leading open source projects like TensorFlow as well as our own device SDKs.
- A fully remote team spread over three continents. We do amazingly fun offsites twice a year, and have small offices in San Jose, CA and Amsterdam, The Netherlands in case people want to sync in person.
Reach out to Aurelien Lequertier, Lead User Success Engineer.
Note: we do not work with recruiters.