Comment on page
Responsible AI License
RESPONSIBLE AI LICENSE TERMS
Last Updated: Aug 1, 2023
PLEASE READ THIS RESPONSIBLE AI LICENSE TERMS (“RAIL”) CAREFULLY. THIS IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT. BY CLICKING “I ACCEPT”, DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING, LOGGING INTO, ACCESSING OR OTHERWISE USING ANY PART OF THE EDGE IMPULSE, INC. (“COMPANY” OR “EDGE IMPULSE”) SOFTWARE-AS-A-SERVICE PRODUCT, APPLICATION, SERVICES, MODELS, ALGORITHMS, OR RELATED MATERIALS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “PRODUCT”), OR OTHERWISE MANIFESTING YOUR ASSENT TO THIS RAIL, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THE RAIL.
License; Use Restrictions
- 1.License. The Product is licensed to you pursuant to the applicable services agreement between you and Company, such as our Terms of Service or Enterprise Master Services Agreement or other definitive agreement between you and Company referencing this RAIL (the “Services Agreement”).
- 2.Use Restrictions. Notwithstanding any provision of the Services Agreement to the contrary and unless expressly agreed in writing by an authorized representative of Edge Impulse, you will not (and will not permit any other person) to do any of the following or use the Product for any of the following purposes or applications:
- 1.Military use. “Military use” includes use by any person or entity for any military purpose, including any project sponsored or paid for by a military organization, as well as for any purpose by a military organization. For purposes of this Agreement, “Military” includes the U.S. Department of Defense (with the exception of DARPA); U.S. Armed Forces (including the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard); U.S. Department of Homeland Security; U.S. intelligence agencies (including reconnaissance agencies); and all foreign counterparts of the foregoing organizations.
- 2.Criminal use. “Criminal use” includes both activities which are prohibited under any applicable law or regulation, as well as activities associated with identifying criminal activity, including uses designed to (alone or in conjunction with other software or hardware) predict the likelihood that a crime has been or may be committed by any person, including but not limited to based on a person’s facial attributes or facial and emotion analysis, or using personal data and/or personal characteristics or features such as a person’s name, family name, address, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, location, skin color, political affiliations, employment status and/or history, health and medical conditions or social media and publicly available data.
- 3.In any way that violates any applicable national, federal, state, local or international law or regulation;
- 4.For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way;
- 5.To generate or disseminate verifiably false information with the purpose of harming others;
- 6.To generate or disseminate personal identifiable information that can be used to harm an individual;
- 7.To generate or disseminate information or content, in any context (e.g. posts, articles, tweets, chatbots or other kinds of automated bots) without expressly and intelligibly disclaiming that the text is machine generated;
- 8.To defame, disparage or otherwise harass others;
- 9.To impersonate or attempt to impersonate others;
- 10.For fully automated decision making that adversely impacts an individual’s legal rights or otherwise creates or modifies a binding, enforceable obligation;
- 11.For any use intended to or which has the effect of discriminating against or harming individuals or groups based on online or offline social behavior or known or predicted personal or personality characteristics
- 12.To exploit any of the vulnerabilities of a specific group of persons based on their age, social, physical or mental characteristics, in order to materially distort the behavior of a person pertaining to that group in a manner that causes or is likely to cause that person or another person physical or psychological harm;
- 13.For any use intended to or which has the effect of discriminating against individuals or groups based on legally protected characteristics or categories;
- 3.Monitoring. Company reserves the right to monitor your account to (i) operate the Product properly; (ii) administer and manage Company’s business; (iii) provide all users with the highest quality products and services; (iv) verify compliance with laws and this RAIL; (v) protect Company and its users; and/or (vi) satisfy any law, regulation or other government request