Edge Impulse enables developers to create the next generation of intelligent device solutions with embedded Machine Learning (TinyML). We believe that machine learning will enable the valuable use of the 99% of sensor data that is currently discarded due to cost, bandwidth or power constraints. Our framework provides data ingestion, labeling, training, and deployment capabilities to accelerate developer success with ML on the edge.
About the role
As a Solutions Engineer at Edge Impulse you'll have the opportunity to not just work in, but define the field of TinyML and edge compute. You’ll be involved with the entire lifecycle from partner integrations to pre-sales and post-sales work with enterprise customers as a critical part of the User Success team.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with customers to optimize embedded ML solutions with best practices in data acquisition, ML development, testing and deployment strategies.
- Support product integration to new device targets for silicon vendors.
- Lead proof of concepts and product demonstrations through presales, webinars, and training events.
- Work closely with our Developer Relations Engineers to grow the Edge Impulse community by running workshops, writing documentation and use cases.
You’ll thrive as a Solutions Engineer if:
- You are a creative problem solver who is hands-on and passionate about building IoT or embedded ML solutions.
- You are a self-starter, and can work effectively async in a distributed team.
- You have the ability to understand the customer’s needs and guide them to a technical solution through great communication skills.
- You have experience with machine learning (classical ML or deep learning), time-series or data management.
- You have software development experience in:
- Scripting languages such as Python or Bash.
- C/C++ for embedded OS such as Arduino and Linux.
- REST APIs.
- You have knowledge in signal processing or computer vision.
- You're willing to travel. Our customers are all over the world, and sometimes it's easier to get a feel for problems if you're sitting next to the sensors.
Bonus points, if you have knowledge of:
- RTOS (Mbed, Zephyr or FreeRTOS).
- Git and Docker.
- Working on industrial IoT or wearable applications.
What we offer
- The chance to join a fast growing start-up in the embedded Machine Learning field.
- A well-funded company with founders who care about team, users and values.
- An awesome product with a scaling user base and great enterprise customers.
- We value work-life balance, and are building a remote-first organization.
- We are committed to open source software and are working with leading open source projects like TensorFlow as well as our own device SDKs.
- A fully remote team spread over three continents. We do amazingly fun offsites twice a year, and have small offices in San Jose, CA and Amsterdam, The Netherlands in case people want to sync in person.
Reach out to Aurelien Lequertier, Lead User Success Engineer.
Note: we do not work with recruiters.