ML Infrastructure Engineer, Remote OK (Europe/US)
About the role
Are you excited about bringing true intelligence to the smallest of devices?
Edge Impulse enables developers to create the next generation of intelligent device solutions with embedded Machine Learning (TinyML). We believe that machine learning will enable the valuable use of the 99% of sensor data that is currently discarded due to cost, bandwidth or power constraints. Our framework provides data ingestion, labeling, training, and deployment capabilities to accelerate developer success with ML on the edge.
As an ML infrastructure engineer at Edge Impulse you'll have the opportunity to not just work in, but define the field of TinyML and work at the cutting edge of ML, sensors and the web. You’ll build scalable infrastructure that can quickly transform terabytes of customer data, work with our ML engineers to design systems that can automatically find the best model architectures, and provide our community and customers with a rock-solid and scalable platform.
You have experience building scalable applications, managing a modern web infrastructure, and have an eye for detail. We’re looking for someone who feels comfortable in all areas of our infrastructure stack, and you’ll have the opportunity to work on other parts of our stack (web applications, ML pipelines or embedded software) if that interests you.
What will I be accountable for?
- You’ll keep our infrastructure rock solid - whether it’s by helping us design our architecture, making sure we can scale up automatically if there’s a huge load, or by proactively monitoring for potential issues.
- Work with the engineering team to design for scale. We’re seeing very strong growth in our usage, and we want everything to remain stable. You can identify bottlenecks in our code base, make sure there’s as little state as possible in the web servers, and get involved early in the design process of new features to make sure we won’t run into large issues when deploying.
- Maintain our internal infrastructure. We have thousands of integration tests that run on every commit, need management reports for user activity, and admin panels for our user success engineers.
- Experience running a complex and high uptime infrastructure with many services and environments on a major cloud provider.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages (we mostly write code in TypeScript, Python and C++, but we’re open to anything).
- Experience dealing with infrastructure as code. For example with Terraform, Puppet, Ansible or Chef.
- Self-starter, and can work effectively in a global, distributed team.
- Curious and inventive. You'll break new ground on a daily basis, and know how to deal with this.
- You feel strong about building a developer community. We want Edge Impulse to be the place where developers go to build TinyML models and learn from others.
Bonus points if…
- You have experience with machine learning, or are keen to learn about it.
- You write production-level code, and would want to help build out the rest of our product.
- You have worked on open source projects and with open source communities.
What we offer
- The chance to be an early employee in a field-defining startup involved since the beginning of TinyML.
- A well-funded startup with founders who care about team, users and values.
- An awesome product with a scaling user base and great enterprise customers.
- We value work-life balance, and are building a remote-first organization.
- We are committed to open source software and are working with leading open source projects like TensorFlow as well as our own device SDKs.
- We have offices in San Jose, CA and Amsterdam; but if you’re awesome and comfortable working remotely we’re cool with that too (Europe / US only)!
Interested? Email Jan Jongboom (CTO) at [email protected] !
Note: We do not work with external recruiters.