About the role
Are you excited about bringing true intelligence to the smallest of devices?
Edge Impulse enables developers to create the next generation of intelligent device solutions with embedded Machine Learning. We believe that machine learning will enable the use of the 99% of sensor data that is currently discarded due to cost, bandwidth or power constraints. We create an end-to-end platform that helps with data ingestion, labeling, training, and deployment to devices. We have an amazing community with >30,000 projects created, and Edge Impulse is used by over a 1,000 companies.
As a full-stack web developer at Edge Impulse you'll have the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of ML, IoT, and the web. You’ll work with our ML engineers to build and define advanced UX for complex features like transfer learning or computer vision, work with our infrastructure engineers to build backends that can scale and quickly transform terabytes of customer data, and have plenty of freedom to work on features the community likes to see.
Do you have experience building scalable web services, have good knowledge of frontend development, and have an eye for detail? We’re looking for someone who feels comfortable in all areas of our web stack, and who’s interested in the embedded ML space. If you think that could be you, we’d love to chat!
What will I be responsible for?
- You primarily work on the Edge Impulse Studio, our product for building machine learning models. Studio is what ties all technologies together and allows our users to create their models, connect their devices, etc. You’ll mostly be writing TypeScript code (both front- and backend), although parts are in other languages.
- Work with our user success engineers to identify customer needs, and with our ML engineers to spot key ML trends; and create a fantastic user experience around them.
- Help us scale. We’re seeing very strong growth in our usage, and we want everything to remain stable. Together with our infrastructure team you’ll work out how to scale more easily, and how to keep our product fast.
- Experience building scalable web services, a bonus if this was in Node.js.
- Great frontend development skills and an eye for detail.
- Self-starter, can work effectively in a global, distributed team (with 30 people from 3 continents).
- Curious and inventive. You'll break new ground on a daily basis, and know how to deal with this.
- You feel strong about building a developer community. We want Edge Impulse to be the place where developers go to build TinyML models and learn from others.
- Based in Europe or the US.
What we offer
- The chance to join 30 amazingly smart people in a field-defining startup.
- A well-funded company with founders who care about team, users and values.
- An awesome product with a scaling user base and great enterprise customers.
- We value work-life balance, and are building a remote-first organization.
- We are committed to open source software and are working with leading open source projects like TensorFlow as well as our own device SDKs.
- A fully remote team spread over three continents. We do amazingly fun offsites twice a year, and have small offices in San Jose, CA and Amsterdam, Netherlands in case people want to sync in person.
Reach out to Sergi Mansilla, lead engineer for the Studio team.
Note: we do not work with recruiters.