About the role
Are you excited about bringing true intelligence to the smallest of devices?
Edge Impulse enables developers to create the next generation of intelligent device solutions with embedded Machine Learning (TinyML). We believe that machine learning will enable the valuable use of the 99% of sensor data that is currently discarded due to cost, bandwidth or power constraints. Our framework provides data ingestion, labeling, training, and deployment capabilities to accelerate developer success with ML on the edge.
As a full-stack web developer at Edge Impulse you'll have the opportunity to not just work in, but define the field of TinyML and work at the cutting edge of ML, sensors and the web. You’ll work with our ML engineers to make complex features like transfer learning or computer vision available to every user, and work with our infrastructure engineers to build backends that can quickly transform terabytes of customer data.
You have experience building scalable web services, have good knowledge of frontend development, and have an eye for detail. We’re looking for someone who feels comfortable in all areas of our web stack, and give the opportunity to work on other parts of our stack (infrastructure, ML pipelines or embedded software) if that interests you.
What will I be accountable for?
- You primarily work on the Edge Impulse studio, our main product for building machine learning models. You’ll mostly be writing TypeScript code (both front- and backend), but some parts are in Python or C++.
- Work with our user success engineers to identify customer needs, and with our ML engineers to spot key ML trends; and create a fantastic user experience around them.
- Help us scale. We’re seeing very strong growth in our usage, and we want everything to remain stable. Together with our infrastructure team you’ll work out how to scale more easily, and how to keep our product fast.
- Experience building scalable web services, preferably in Node.js.
- Great frontend development skills and an eye for detail.
- Self-starter, and can work effectively in a global, distributed team.
- Curious and inventive. You'll break new ground on a daily basis, and know how to deal with this.
- You feel strongly about building a developer community. We want Edge Impulse to be the place where developers go to build TinyML models and learn from others.
Bonus points if...
- You can write code in Python, C++, or have experience shipping code for embedded systems.
- You have experience with machine learning.
- You have worked on open source projects and with open source communities.
What we offer
- The chance to be an early employee in a field-defining startup.
- A well-funded startup with founders who care about team, users and values.
- An awesome product with a fabulous community, a fast growing user base and great enterprise customers.
- We value work-life balance, and are building a remote-first organization.
- We are committed to open source software and are working with leading open source projects like TensorFlow as well as our own device SDKs.
- A fully remote team with meeting spaces in San Jose, CA and Amsterdam, NL.
Interested? Drop us an email at [email protected] !
Note: We don't work with recruiters.