As a Frontend Developer at Edge Impulse, you'll work at the cutting edge of ML, IoT, and the Web. You'll collaborate with our ML engineers to build and define advanced UX for complex features like transfer learning or computer vision, and you'll have plenty of freedom to work on features the community likes to see.
Do you have experience building responsive, component-based web applications and have an eye for detail? Would you like to help build Frontend systems that will define the user experience in a nascent industry for the coming years? If that’s you, we'd love to chat! We're looking for someone who feels comfortable in all areas of our web stack and is interested in the embedded ML space.
What will I be responsible for?
- You primarily work on the Edge Impulse Studio, our product for building machine learning models. The Studio ties all technologies together and allows our users to create their models, connect their devices, etc. You'll mostly be writing TypeScript code, our language of choice in the Frontend and Backend.
- Work with our User Success engineers to identify customer needs and with our ML engineers to spot key ML trends and create a fantastic user experience around them.
- Help define our Frontend architecture and strategy, staying on top of industry trends to provide a state-of-the-art experience for our users.
- Help us scale. We're seeing solid growth in our usage, and we want everything to remain stable and performant.
- You have excellent Frontend development skills and an eye for detail.
- You are proactive, and can work effectively in a global, distributed team (with 40 people from 3 continents).
- You are curious and inventive. You'll break new ground daily and know how to deal with this.
- You feel strongly about building a developer community. We want Edge Impulse to be where developers go to build TinyML models and learn from others.
Passionate about healthy team culture and collaboration
These are more specific skills we're looking for, although we don't expect you to have them all. Be comfortable applying even if you only have some of them.
- You have significant experience with one or more Frontend technologies. We currently use TypeScript and our own frameworks, but we are open to improving our stack to whatever allows us to work better and ship faster.
- You have experience with one or more backend technologies.
- You have experience with open-source software and communities around them.
What we offer
- The chance to join 40+ brilliant people in a field-defining startup.
- A well-funded startup with founders who care about team, users, and values.
- A terrific product with a growing user base and great enterprise customers.
- We value work-life balance, and we are building a remote-first organization.
- We are committed to open-source software and work with leading open source projects like TensorFlow and our own device SDKs.
- We already have teams near San Jose, CA, and Amsterdam, but if you're comfortable working remotely, we're cool with that too (Europe / US only)!
Who we are
Edge Impulse enables developers to create the next generation of intelligent device solutions with embedded Machine Learning. We believe that machine learning can use 99% of sensor data currently discarded due to cost, bandwidth, or power constraints. Edge Impulse is an end-to-end platform that helps with data ingestion, labeling, training, and device deployment. We have a fantastic community with >50,000 projects built, and more than 1,000 companies use Edge Impulse.
To apply send your resume and a motivation letter to Sergi Mansilla ([email protected]), Studio team lead.
Note: we do not work with recruiters.