As an Embedded Engineer at Edge Impulse, you'll work at the cutting edge of ML and IoT. You'll make sensors smarter by understanding the real world, work with our partners on the latest silicon, and with our ML team on porting new DSP, ML and postprocessing algorithms. All this work ends up in our embedded SDK which is used in >50,000 real ML projects running on anything from DSPs to MCUs to GPUs.
Do you have experience building clean, maintainable and portable embedded code? Do you have an eye for detail, and want to use signal processing and machine learning to give eyes and ears to billions of devices? We'd love to chat!
What will I be responsible for?
- Integrate the Edge Impulse SDK onto embedded devices.
- Port sensors (motion, audio, image) to our SDK using all sorts of protocols (I2C, I2S, SPI, MIPI, CSI).
- Integrate communication between the device and Edge Impulse Studio over Serial, Bluetooth, WiFi, LTE or any other available communication medium.
- Improve our embedded SDKs with new algorithms, smaller data structures, or silicon specific optimizations - all in conjunction with our ML and Studio team.
- You are a creative problem solver who is hands-on and passionate about building IoT or embedded ML solutions.
- You are a self-starter, and can work effectively async in a distributed team (with 40+ people on 3 continents).
- You are experienced in writing code in C/C++ and familiar with Python or other scripting languages.
- You have a strong understanding of embedded processors, including:
- Processor architecture and peripheral control
- Embedded development tools (gcc, make, cmake)
- Debugging tools
- Real-time operating systems
These are more specific skills we're looking for, although we don't expect you to have them all. Be comfortable applying even if you only have some of them.
- Familiarity with containerizing build pipelines using Docker.
- Experience with (Embedded) Machine Learning.
- Understanding of realtime signal processing (f.e. on audio or images).
What we offer
- The chance to join 40+ brilliant people in a field-defining startup.
- A well-funded startup with founders who care about team, users, and values.
- A terrific product with a growing user base and great enterprise customers.
- We value work-life balance, and we are building a remote-first organization.
- We are committed to open-source software and work with leading open source projects like TensorFlow and our own device SDKs.
- We already have teams near San Jose, CA, and Amsterdam, but if you're comfortable working remotely, we're cool with that too (Europe / US only)!
Who we are
Edge Impulse enables developers to create the next generation of intelligent device solutions with embedded Machine Learning. We believe that machine learning can use 99% of sensor data currently discarded due to cost, bandwidth, or power constraints. Edge Impulse is an end-to-end platform that helps with data ingestion, labeling, training, and device deployment. We have a fantastic community with >50,000 projects built, and more than 1,000 companies use Edge Impulse.
To apply send your resume and a motivation letter to Arjan Kamphuis ([email protected]), embedded team lead.
Note: we do not work with recruiters.